The Indie Navigator can help you during
- Understand how today’s book publishing industry works; how it has changed and is changing.
- Decide whether to seek a traditional publishing deal or to self-publish.
- Write a book proposal to attract a literary agent and traditional publisher, if that’s the avenue you choose, and help you identify good prospects.
- Build marketability into your book, whether you’ll seek a traditional publisher or self-publish.
- Build your author platform using cost-effective guerilla and social media marketing and public relations.
- Avoid publishing scams and unnecessary expenditures that won’t help you and only waste resources.
- Build an effective, attractive Internet presence for you as an author, indie publisher, and for your book.
- Decide what kind of marketing efforts are appropriate for your book.
- Create fresh, innovative promotional campaigns to support visibility and sales for you and your book.
- Become an indie publisher the right way, so you are and appear serious and professional.
- Decide what kind of publisher you want to be, and to identify your target audience(s) – your niche.
- Set up your publishing process to take advantage of today’s modern technologies for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Steer clear of the so-called “publishing” scammers just waiting to take your money and hijack your book property.
- Build a reasonable marketing plan and budget for your upcoming book.
- Get through some of the difficulties of self-publishing, and help you create reasonable expectations.
- Do all the pre-publication things you may have missed but still need.
- Teach you how to maintain enthusiasm for your book over the long haul.
- Continue building momentum for your book, your author career and their visibility in the marketplace.
- Plan future books and perhaps related products to optimize the mining your market niche.