Seminars, Book Signings and Digital Slide Presentations
Looking for a compelling speaker for your next meeting or event?
The Indie Navigator speaks with conviction and expertise on author and indie publishing topics for
- writing & publishing conferences
- book fairs & festival
- book or other retail stores
- college and university writing and publishing programs
- K-12 classrooms
- Narrated digital slide presentations
- Book signings
- Panel discussions
- Industry Roundtables
- Virtual visits via Skype
For venues providing electricity and an adequately darkened room, she speaks in accompaniment to digital slide presentations. She offers her books for sale and signing following relevant presentations.
ONE-HOUR SLIDE PRESENTATIONS – Mary speaks on a constantly evolving set of topics related to freelance writing, book authorship and publishing, and marketing for authors, publishers, small and micro-businesses. All are 45-minute slide talks followed by a 15-minute audience Q&A session, making these ideal one-hour presentations.
Current topics include:
- Getting Published – A Beginner’s Guide
- Identity Crisis: What Is A Book Publisher, and Should I Be One?
- Switching Hats: From Author to Indie Publisher
- I Finally Finished My Book…Now What?
- Gotta Have It! Creating Sell-Worthy Queries
- Book and Author Websites: Separate or Integrated?
- Getting Published Ain’t For Sissies: Kick-Butt Promotion for Authors
- Exploring the Amazon: Optimizing Your Author Central Presence
- Takin’ It To The Tweeps: Twitter for Authors
- Digging Up The Past: Researching Historical Nonfiction & Novels
- Loosen Those Lips: Successful Interviewing Tactics
For Indie Publishers:
- Takin’ It To The Tweeps: Twitter for Publishers
- Digility: Digital Agility for Independent Publishers – Optimizing Your Workflow for the Digital Age
- Indie Publishing Intensive – A Half-Day Workshop covering the following topics, with deep audience Q&A:
- Whether or not to become a self-publisher/indie publisher
- What being an indie publisher really means
- Marketing yourself and your books as a self-published author
- Get Media-Savvy: Why You Need An Online Newsroom, How To Build It Right
- Mincing Words: How To Work With An Editor
- Coming Up Close: Skype for Authors and Publishers
- Lifting the Veil: Taking The Mystery Out of Marketing
If you don’t see what you want, contact Mary about the possibility of having her develop a customized presentation for your group. Also contact her to discuss speaker requirements and fees.